In life, there are plenty of things that take your fancy and sap your wallet, but I think that one of the low-key massive expenses keeping me from saving every month is groceries. Yeah sure, getting bread, milk and the other basics are pretty simple, but buying meat (especially beef or pork) or anything a little more fancy can subject you to some serious wallet damage, and before you know it, you could be spending upwards of $200 a week just to feed yourself.
If you're faced with such a predicament, you could try a couple of things; you could budget and buy only the cheapest, most rudimentary stuff, or if you're feeling bold, you could go on an online shopping spree at Brandless.com. Brandless is for the eaters and doers in life, and they want to give you the good stuff for prices you can afford, with everything on their electronic shelves setting you back just three dollars a pop.
1. Tortilla chips will usually cost around five dollars for two bags, but not here
2. Treat yourself with some apple sauce
3. It's not all basic stuff - get some delightful jalapeño cheddar quinoa puffs too!
4. Getting all the ingredients for a batch of pancakes used to be expensive... not any more
5. Mmmm... Nespresso friendly roast coffee
6. Can't go wrong with a bit of gluten-free mac and cheese
7. Blueberry flax granola is pretty handy too for this price!
8. Ah, olive oil... a mainstay of any kitchen
9. There's not just foodstuffs, either: you can also get soup bowls! Neat!
10. As we know, coconut oil is extremely versatile... and now it's cheap too
11. While the best things in life are usually free, gluten-free brownie mix comes pretty close
Yes, people: everything you've just seen here can be added to your basket for three dollars each. Had you bought one of every item on this list, you'd have 10 pretty great foodstuffs - plus a nice bowl to eat it from - all for just $33. Now that's something to write home about. If you'd like to seriously cut down on your grocery expenses, you could do a lot worse than going to the Brandless website and doing your shopping there.