Coffee is my savior. It's helped me through countless college essays and sees me through many a tricky work deadline. During the week, I only wake up when I get off the train and smell that oh-so-sweet golden nectar of the gods.
I've even got fond childhood memories of coffee. When my parents moved to San Fransisco, I'd always look forward to my mom's Starbuck's visits because she'd get me a big slab of caramel whilst she enjoyed a Caramel Macchiato.
Popular coffee chains aside, I've got a selection of favorite coffee shops - the best of which was located in Dublin, Ireland, and served just about every type of coffee and tea known to man. I nearly cried when I heard it had closed.
What makes independent coffee shops so brilliant is that many of them are unique. Whether it's a server who offers you chocolate sprinkles, or a one-of-a-kind item on their menu. Rest in peace, Dublin coffee shop's Piña colada tea.
So, without further ado, here are 16 of the most brilliantly creative coffee shops in the world...
1. You don't need cash for coffee here
Just take the time to look after the environment and they'll pick up the tab.
2. Remember that your servers are people
And get a cheaper coffee.
3. Your day is a "nope" until you get coffee
Then you'll have some "hope", trust me.
4. Keep your hands to yourself at this coffee shop
Everyone knows that a frightened bagel doesn't taste as good.
5. Now that's something I'd pay to see
Actually, no. But there's no denying that it conjures up a funny image.
6. Coffee doesn't just help you get through the day
It can, quite literally, help plants to grow.
7. Not all coffee shops are buildings
Whoever runs this car must save a fortune on rent. I'll take a double expresso, please!
8. Baristas take no chances with coffee shop cash
Sorry hooded thief, you should have tried another establishment, or, y'know, chose something other than a life of crime.
9. The only sizing guide you really need
We've all had XXL days, don't worry.
10. Phone running low on power?
This coffee shop's got your back.
12. You'd have to be barking to go to any other coffee shop
These establishments sure do know how to be eco-friendly.
13. Have you ever seen a truer sign?
14. You'll have to pay close attention to this one...
You pay Pi for all of this coffee shop's pies.
15. This gives a whole new meaning to iced coffee
Perfect for a hot summer's day.
16. That's one way to describe it
Personally, I can't think of a coffee shop beverage that's not tastier with some "bee vomit".
As this list hilariously demonstrates, coffee shops don't just help to make our day-to-day lives easier, they have a remarkable ability to make use chuckle at the same time. And let's face it, what's better than a caffeine kick and smile?!