It’s coming up to that time of year when everybody is trying, with mixed results, to lose weight. Summer is almost upon us, and we all want to get rid of that beer gut that’s been hanging over the waistband of our shorts for the past few weeks in time for beach body season. If you’re like me, then you’re probably desperate for some advice on how to stay fit and healthy as the time comes for barbecued meat and ice cream sundaes.
But weight loss tips, particularly those coming from professional personal trainers or dieticians, can often sound depressingly unrealistic. These people will tell us that losing weight means incredibly hard work, long hours spent in the gym, and a Herculean effort of will as well as saintly levels of self-control.
If only there was a way to get some realistic advice, and we could seek guidance from someone who would give us goals we could actually achieve. If that’s what you’re looking for, then look no further: we have all the weight-loss answers you need right here. Scroll down to check them out.
1. Have a big breakfast, medium-sized lunch, and small dinner
2. Fill yourself with green vegetables and fruit
3. Try out vegetarian or vegan meals once a week
4. Pay closer attention to the nutritional information on food products
5. Spend time with other people who are serious about losing weight
6. Make water your go-to beverage
7. Try to avoid snacking out of boredom and stick to square meals
8. Don’t over-exert yourself when working out
9. Learn to cook your own meals so you can control your calorie intake
10. Avoid “detox” products
If you stick to these easy-to-follow guidelines, then I guarantee that you’ll start seeing positive results in due course, and you won’t have to starve yourself like a fasting monk to achieve them either. But if you want to hear a weight loss story that will really inspire you, then why not read all about the dude who managed to lose an incredible 32 pounds by only eating ice cream. Now that’s a diet that I can get behind!